Stephanie Davis, Country Director, Google Singapore said, “Singaporeans are avid smartphone users who are always on the go. With this latest update to the Google Assistant, we hope to help more Singaporeans get things done quickly on their phones – take a selfie, get directions from Google Maps, find your photos, get help with translation and more. With the Google Pixel 2 XL now available in Singapore, we hope to offer the best Google experience bringing our hardware, software and AI capabilities to more people here.”
According to Google, “the Google Assistant is able to understand intent behind words to handle follow-up questions and complex, multi-step tasks. And it’ll get better over time–with your permission, it can learn your preferences, your likes and your dislikes – all done in a private, secure way that puts you in control.”
Provided by Google, here are some of the questions you can ask the Assistant.
- Where is the nearest POSB ATM?
- How do you say ‘how are you’ in Mandarin?
- How far is the nearest 7-Eleven?
- Set a reminder at 7pm to get groceries from NTUC Fairprice
- Remind me to book movie tickets at Shaw Lido in 3 hours
- How long will it take to get to Little India?
- Show me the recipe for Chilli Crab
- How to cook Nasi Lemak?
- Play music from YouTube