Apple Watch – Water Resistance Will Diminish
You read it right. The water resistance can wear off and it is stated clearly on the Apple’s site where many people do not bother checking out.
So here’s what we have unearthed for you.
We chanced upon this page when we were pondering over the logic that you need to adjust your Apple Watch to get ready for a swim but not when washing your hands. So we did what all would do. Ask the Internet God, Google, which landed us on this page.
Although Apple is not able to give you the half-life of the Apple Watch’s water resistance decay rate, they did state a few ways that it could happen.
- Dropping Apple Watch or subjecting it to other impacts.
- Exposing Apple Watch to soap or soapy water.
- Exposing Apple Watch to perfume, solvents, detergent, acids or acidic foods, insect repellent, lotions, sunscreen, oil, or hair dye.
- Exposing Apple Watch to high-velocity water, for example, while water skiing.
- Wearing Apple Watch in the sauna or steam room.
Apple also noted a common query on muffled audio after water got into the Watch. Among the don’ts that were listed, interestingly, Apple mentioned that charging your Watch overnight can speed up evaporation.
For more information do visit https://support.apple.com/en-sg/HT205000
So remember, do a thorough research before purchasing anything. Be sure that you can accept the flaws so that you do not go online and make a fool of yourself.
Anyway, just purchased an Apple Watch Series 2. Will review it soon.