TL;DR: LinkedIn, the world’s largest professional network, has released its annual LinkedIn Top 10 Singapore Startups List for 2023. This compilation spotlights emerging companies in Singapore where professionals are eager to work. The selection is based on extensive LinkedIn data, considering factors like employee growth, jobseeker interest, member engagement, and the startups’ ability to attract talent. Fintech firms dominate the list, reflecting Singapore’s vibrant startup ecosystem. Notably, financial services firm Aspire retains its top position from the previous year.
LinkedIn has unveiled its annual Top 10 Singapore Startups List for 2023, spotlighting the burgeoning landscape of innovative businesses in the country. The selection is based on a comprehensive analysis of unique LinkedIn data, encompassing factors such as employee growth, jobseeker interest, member engagement, and the startups’ ability to attract talent. This year’s list underscores the prominence of fintech companies, with financial services firm Aspire maintaining its leading position from the previous year.
The data, sourced from over 950 million LinkedIn members, including over 3 million in Singapore, provides valuable insights into the preferences and trends shaping the professional landscape. The Top Startups List serves as a valuable resource for professionals seeking opportunities in companies driving innovation and industry transformation.
Pooja Chhabria, Career Expert and Head of Editorial, Asia Pacific at LinkedIn, noted the notable presence of fintech startups, accounting for 8 out of 10 startups in the list. This reflects Singapore’s dynamic startup ecosystem, known for nurturing and fostering technology-driven ventures. Singapore, renowned as a global hub for innovation and smart city initiatives, continues to attract talent and businesses driving cutting-edge innovations.
Fintech’s enduring appeal in Singapore is further underscored by the record-breaking inclusion of 8 fintech startups in the 2023 Top Startups List. This highlights the sector’s robust growth and its pivotal role in Singapore’s position as a leading financial hub, both regionally and globally.
Additionally, this year’s list showcases the growing relevance of Business-to-Business (B2B) fintech solutions, with four B2B startups, all in the fintech space, making up almost half of the top 10. This marks a notable increase from the previous year, indicating the rising importance of B2B solutions in Singapore’s business landscape.
These B2B startups, headquartered in Singapore but serving markets across Southeast Asia, leverage technology to address complex business challenges, enhancing efficiency, customer experiences, and overall business operations. Notable examples include Advance Intelligence Group, Sleek, and Thunes, each contributing to streamlining processes and facilitating cross-border payments.
Amidst Southeast Asia’s competitive business environment, the top startups of 2023 have recognized the pivotal role of Artificial Intelligence (AI) in driving innovation and transformation. Leveraging Singapore’s burgeoning AI talent pool, these startups are at the forefront of utilizing advanced AI technology to enhance various aspects of their operations, from healthcare accessibility to data automation and predictive outcomes.
Lim Wai Mun, Founder and CEO of Doctor Anywhere, emphasized the transformative impact of AI in healthcare.
“We have been using AI in the form of machine learning and data analytics, reducing (patient) consultation time through smart form filling of common prescriptions, as well as understanding and matching users with various health and wellness products after they recover. With the advent of generative AI, this will enable us to deliver more personalised, efficient, and patient-centric care, and also alleviate some of the most pressing challenges. This includes the talent shortage that the healthcare industry is facing globally.”Lim Wai Mun, Founder and CEO of Doctor Anywhere
While Adrien Barthel, Co-Founder and Chief Growth Officer of Sleek, highlighted the integration of AI as essential for businesses in today’s dynamic landscape.
“The integration of AI is non-negotiable for businesses today. We started our AI journey a few years ago, and we continue to actively work on incorporating artificial intelligence to deliver more data automation that results in increased accuracy and better predictive outcomes.”Adrien Barthel, Co-Founder and Chief Growth Officer of Sleek
Top 10 Singapore Startups of 2023:
- Aspire – A financial operating system empowering businesses to pay, manage, and earn through a comprehensive platform.
- YouTrip – Fintech startup providing a mobile financial platform specialized in overseas payments, with a focus on reducing foreign transaction and cross-border fees.
- Doctor Anywhere – A telehealth provider dedicated to simplifying and enhancing access to healthcare.
- GetGo Carsharing – Car-sharing service operating on a pay-per-use model.
- Advance Intelligence Group – AI tech startup with a diverse product portfolio including buy-now-pay-later platform Atome, e-commerce intelligence platform Ginee, and risk-management platform ADVANCE.AI.
- Sleek – Digital corporate service provider focused on modernizing conventional corporate and accounting procedures.
- Endowus – Fintech company offering data-driven wealth portfolios and access to financial products through its robo-adviser.
- ADDX – Digital securities trading platform enabling individuals to invest in alternative assets like private equity, hedge funds, and digital assets.
- Syfe – Digital wealth manager, commonly known as a robo-adviser, providing everyday investors with access to simple and smart investing.
- Thunes – Startup offering a cross-border payments platform, facilitating businesses and customers in sending and receiving payments across the world.