OPPO has launched its latest Reno series smartphones — the OPPO Reno8 5G and Reno8 Pro 5G – in Singapore. Powered by Dual Sony Flagship Sensors and several AI-enhanced imaging features such as Ultra Night Video and Night Portrait, the new “Portrait Expert” Reno8 series is designed to help users shoot ultra-clear portraits in even the most challenging scenarios.
Alongside the professional camera capabilities, the Reno8 series features a Streamlined Unibody Design, delivering a more refined texture and flagship-level design aesthetics. The Reno8 series provides strong durability, reliable performance, and an all-rounded smooth experience to users with the 80W SUPERVOOCTM with Battery Health Engine, an upgraded Super-Conductive VC Liquid Cooling System, and ColorOS 12.1.
The Reno8 Pro 5G is also equipped with OPPO’s first self-developed, dedicated imaging NPU, MariSilicon X, to deliver a series of innovative camera features with its powerful image processing capabilities. Meanwhile, the Reno8 5G is powered by the MediaTek Dimensity 1300 SoC while the Reno8 Pro 5G is powered by MediaTek Dimensity 8100-MAX 5G SoC for a smooth flagship-level performance.
Revolutionary Imaging Capabilities for Ultra-clear Portraits in Any Situation
OPPO has been continuously investing in the R&D of imaging technology on the Reno series. Based on customer insights, about 40% of the photos from Reno smartphones are shot after 5 pm. The percentage is even higher at nearly 50% for videos. Therefore, OPPO has further upgraded the camera on the latest Reno series with the aim of optimising the shooting experience in lowlight environments and allowing users to record every moment of their lives in vibrant detail.
As a Portrait Expert, the Reno8 series brings ultra-clear portrait photos and videos to all-new heights with its powerful hardware foundations. The Reno8 series features Dual Sony Flagship Sensors — the IMX709 for the front camera and the IMX766 for the rear camera.
- Sony IMX709 is a next-generation RGBW 32MP camera sensor customised by OPPO. It ensures a 60% increase in light intake and a 35% improvement in noise reduction when compared with traditional RGB sensors. Together with OPPO’s self-designed Quadra Binning algorithm, every selfie will look dynamically bright and sharp no matter in lowlight or backlight scenes. IMX709 also supports AutoFocus on the front camera for the first time, enabling 2x zoom when taking selfies. With a minimum focal distance of 15cm, it’s possible to capture super close-up shots using the front camera, offering unprecedented detail in selfies.
- Sony IMX766 is a 1/1.56-inch 50MP main camera sensor with 1.0um large pixel size. It captures more lights and guarantees an improved image brightness in dark environments. Combined with the All-Pixel Omni-Direction PDAF technology, this camera sensor improves focus speed, accuracy, and stability.
- The Dual Sony Flagship Sensors support the underlying DOL-HDR technology on a hardware level, increasing the dynamic range for videos by 4x than that of the conventional HDR algorithm. DOL-HDR technology enables the quasi-simultaneous synthesis of long and short exposure frames, effectively preventing ghosting artifacts caused by movement.
In addition to the Dual Sony Flagship Sensors, the Reno8 Pro 5G is also equipped with OPPO’s first self-developed imaging NPU, MariSilicon X, which provides an immense level of dedicated computing power for Reno8 Pro 5G’s imaging features, all while consuming even less power. Built on cutting-edge 6nm process technology and industry-leading DSA architecture, MariSilicon X can deliver an incredible 18 trillion operations per second (18 TOPS) of dedicated image processing power. With this large computing power and high data throughput, MariSilicon X can perform lossless real-time 4K AI processing and up to 20bit HDR fusion in the RAW domain, while achieving up to 8dB signal-to-noise ratio for images. Through its ability to directly process images in the lossless RAW domain, MariSilicon X acts as an unmatched foundation for Reno8 Pro 5G’s ultimate imaging experience.
In addition to hardware upgrades, the OPPO Reno8 series also comes packed with a series of portrait features driven by leading AI technologies.
- Ultra Night Video algorithm enhances the image quality, colour expression, and facial performance in lowlight environments, delivering sharp and bright night portrait videos. It is automatically enabled for nighttime shooting.
- Ultra HDR Video mode prevents bright parts from over-exposure and enriches dark parts with subtle details, thereby producing natural portrait videos with vivid colours. It is automatically enabled in scenes with a large lighting ratio.
- Night Portrait leverages industry-leading Turbo RAW algorithm to perform AI noise reduction in the RAW domain, delivering clear and pure portrait images.
Powered by MariSilicon X and the Dual Sony Flagship Sensors, Reno8 Pro 5G also provides a flagship-level portrait camera experience for the first time at this price point by bringing 4K video shooting to a smartphone with 4K Ultra Night Video and 4K Ultra HDR Video.
The Reno8 series is also equipped with other innovative features to increase the overall imaging quality. Aided by the inbuilt AI-enhanced retouching algorithms, AI Portrait Retouching can recognise 193 facial detection points to support accurate video retouching, delivering natural portrait effects. For those who want to add movie-quality effects to their photos and videos, the Reno8 series also offers features like Portrait Mode, Hyperlapse and 960fps AI Slow-motion, giving users more creative control behind the camera and enabling them to be a “portrait expert”.
Unique Streamlined Unibody for the Flagship Design Aesthetics
For the first time in the Reno series, the Reno8 5G and Reno8 Pro 5G feature a Streamlined Unibody Design, eliminating the standalone camera ‘bump’ commonly seen on other smartphones. Using OPPO’s special high-temperature, high-pressure hot forging process, a smooth 75-degree micro-arc transition has been created around the camera on the integrated streamlined glass back cover. The stunning seamless design makes the phone comfortable to hold while preventing dust from getting trapped around the camera area. On the rear of the phone, theProminent Binocular Camera Module and Ring Flash featured in the camera area also highlight the phone’s powerful camera features through their distinct design.
On the front of the device, the Reno8 5G features a 6.4-inch AMOLED display with 90.8% screen-to-body ratio and 90Hz refresh rate delivering buttery-smooth graphics. It is certified for Netflix HD & Amazon Prime Video HD, allowing users to enjoy the best video content out there. Alongside its ultra-slim body that is 7.67mm in thickness and 179g in weight, the new Reno8 5G is an ideal choice for daily usage. Reno8 5G is available in two trendy colours — Shimmer Gold and Shimmer Black. Both colour schemes give off an unprecedented gradient visual effect on the back cover while being fingerprint resistant.
The Reno8 Pro 5G, on the other hand, features a 6.7-inch Ultra-Clear AMOLED display with a 93.4% screen-to-body ratio, 120Hz refresh rate and supports 1 billion colours for a guaranteed smoother and more comfortable viewing experience with enhanced interaction. The display is also HDR10+, SGS Low Motion Blur and SGS Low Blue Light certified, and HD & HDR certified for Amazon and Netflix. Measuring just 7.34 mm in thickness, and weighing just 183 g, Reno8 Pro 5G is the thinnest Reno series handset to date and will be available in two new stunning colour finishes – Glazed Green and Glazed Black.
Extra Durability and All-rounded Smooth Performance
Aside from the superior portrait capabilities and stunning design, the Reno8 series also comes with 80W SUPERVOOCTM Flash Chargewhich features higher power and faster charging speed. Users can charge the 4500mAh battery to 50% in only 11 minutes, and just a five-minute charge is enough for two hours of mobile gaming, as tested byTÜV Rheinland.
To extend the battery lifespan, the Reno8 series also adopts OPPO’s exclusive Battery Health Engine, which intelligently controls the charging current and voltage through real-time monitoring. This new technology extends the battery life to as many as 1600 charge and discharge cycles, or roughly four years of average use. In addition, the Reno8 series features 5-Layer Charging Protection which protects the entire charging cycle from the adapter to the cable and the battery. The Reno8 Pro 5G has also passed the TÜV Rheinland’s Safe Fast-Charge System Certification in recognition of its outstanding overall safety performance.
Additionally, Reno8 5G is equipped with the Super-Conductive Vapor Chamber (VC) Liquide Cooling System, while the Reno8 Pro 5G is equipped with Ultra-Conductive Cooling System which applies industry-leading materials to significantly improve heat dissipation to ensure that the phone remains cool and runs smoothly at all times.
OPPO Reno8 5G features the MediaTek Dimensity 1300 5G-integrated SoC. Built on the 6nm process, the octa-core SoC includes an ARM Cortex-A78 ultra-core that operates at up to 3GHz to deliver the ultimate computing power. The standard build comes with 8GB of RAM and 256GB of ROM.
OPPO Reno8 Pro 5G, on the other hand, is powered by MediaTek Dimensity 8100-MAX integrated 5G SoC. Built on the industry-leading 5nm process, the octa-core SoC delivers more powerful performance with even lower power consumption. Reno8 Pro 5G comes with 12GB of RAM and 256GB of ROM storage. The smartphone also introduces the highly efficient LPDDR5 read and write storage management system for the first time on the Reno series.
Boasting several hardware and software optimisations, both the Reno8 5G and Reno8 Pro 5G have obtained the TÜV SÜD 36-Month Fluency Rating A certification, which means that the smartphone will remain smooth even after three years of use.
For mobile gamers, the Reno8 series is also fully packed with system-level optimisations tailored to gaming. OPPO has worked with PUBG to build a Background Update feature to enable background downloading for games so that users will not have to be stuck on a downloading screen. Together with pro-level gaming features like 1000Hz Ultra Touch Response in Reno8 5G and 90Hz high-refresh mode for PUBG Mobile in Reno8 Pro 5G, users can enjoy their most frequently played games in a smoother and more immersive way.
To speed up the device unlocking process, OPPO also optimised theLightning Fast Fingerprint Unlock on Reno8 5G to accelerate the acquisition, transmission, and comparison steps of fingerprint unlocking. This increases the fingerprint unlocking speed significantly by 71%.
Tying all of these together is ColorOS 12.1 — the gateway to a smarter, smoother, and safer smartphone experience. Features such as Air Gestures and Multi-Screen Connect help to dramatically improve productivity, enabling more intelligent and convenient ways of working. Highly imaginative Omoji featuring over 200 trendy decorative elements for users to customise their own avatar also gives them more creative ways to personalise their phone and operating system. To ensure user privacy and safety, ColorOS 12.1 comes with features like Anti-peeping for Notifications, Require Password to Power Off, and Recent Tasks Protection.
Unleash Your Creative Potential with Reno Initiatives
Aside from constantly researching and investing in technology, OPPO is equally passionate about making a difference for humanity. Driven by the mission of “Youth Inspiration” this year, OPPO will continue two youth empowerment initiatives – Renovators and Reno Academy – to encourage young people to propel their creative ambitions with the Reno8 series.
OPPO x Uncle Chieng Ice Cream Partnership
To further drum up excitement for the launch of the Reno8 series in Singapore, OPPO has collaborated with Uncle Chieng, a famous mobile ice cream seller at Orchard Road, to give out free ice creams to the public daily from 6 pm to 10 pm between 8 to 21 September. Through the collaboration, OPPO aims to get consumers in Singapore to be#LowLightInspired and encourage them to capture the beauty that night time brings in the current normal.
|Reno8||Shimmer Gold and Shimmer Black||8GB of RAM and 256GB of ROM.||S$799|
|Reno8 Pro||Glazed Green and Glazed Black||12GB of RAM and 256GB of ROM storage||S$1099.|
- OPPO Reno 8 5G will be available from 23 August at a retail price of S$799 on OPPO’s Amazon, Lazada, Qoo10, Shopee, TikTokflagship stores and partner consumer electronic stores.
- All purchases between 23 August to 30 September will receive a free Enco Air2 Pro True Wireless Noise Cancelling Earbuds (S$119) and 12 Months Screen Protection Plan worth a total of S$228, while stocks last.
- OPPO Reno8 5G can be purchased at M1, Singtel and Starhub stores from 27 August.
- OPPO Reno8 Pro 5G will be available from 10 September at a retail price of S$1099.
- 30 sets of Reno8 Pro 5G will be available for pre-sale exclusively at OPPO Lazada Super Brand Day on 23 August. Customers who purchased the Reno8 Pro 5G on this day will be the first few in Singapore to get their hands on the phone ahead of the pre-order sales.
- Preorder of the Reno8 Pro 5G will start from 24 August to 9September at OPPO concept stores and OPPO’s Amazon, Lazada, Qoo10, Shopee, TikTok flagship stores and partner consumer electronic stores.
- All purchases including pre-sale and preorder of OPPO Reno8 Pro 5G until 30 September will receive a free Enco Air2 Pro True Wireless Noise Cancelling Earbuds (S$119) and 12 Months Screen Protection Plan worth a total of S$228, while stocks last.
- OPPO Reno8 Pro 5G can be purchased at M1, Singtel and Starhub stores from 10 September.
 Based on tests performed in OPPO’s labs. The actual data may vary due to the version of the test software and the testing environment.
 The thickness and the weight of OPPO Reno8 Pro 5G are based on data collected in OPPO’s labs. The data may vary depending on the manufacturing process and measurement method.
 Based on tests performed in OPPO’s labs. 50% is defined as when the battery level displayed on the screen reaches 50%. The actual charging time may vary depending on differences in the environments or devices (such as temperature variations and battery age).
 This statement, a 5-minute charge is enough for you to game for 2 hours straight, has been certified by TÜV Rheinland through tests conducted in the laboratory. Actual results may vary due to differences in the test environment.
 TÜV SÜD Fluency Certification examines the fluency of a product at the initial stage of use and evaluates the attenuation of fluency after 2 or 3 years of use. The A rating represents the highest level of fluency.
 1000Hz Ultra Touch Response only supports scope mode for PUBG and battle mode for LOLM, and only in specific scenarios.
 Based on tests performed in OPPO’s labs in comparison with OPPO Reno7. The data may vary depending on the manufacturing process and measurement methods