SINGAPORE, 21 September 2020 – Shopee, the leading e-commerce platform in Southeast Asia and Taiwan, is expanding on its initiatives to help brands and retailers launch, scale, and succeed online, starting with its annual Shopee 10.10 Brands Festival. As more brands and retailers step up their digitalisation efforts to capture a growing proportion of online-first consumers, it is crucial for brands to find new ways to reach and engage with their consumers.
This 10.10 Brands Festival, Shopee enhances its support for brands with the launch of its Shopee Media Agencies Partner Program (SMAP) covering seven markets. This strategic program is the region’s first and largest of its kind, comprising five leading global media agencies: Dentsu Aegis Network, Omnicom Media Group, Publicis Groupe, Havas Group, and Mediabrands.
Through this program, Shopee will equip media agencies with in-depth knowledge and skills on using Shopee’s suite of brand marketing tools including advertising solutions such as Shopee Ads, products such as in-app branding assets and other value-added services. Shopee will also provide the media agencies with a deeper understanding of e-commerce through the sharing of best practices on store management, campaign execution and optimisation. As brands invest more in growing their online presence, SMAP will enable media agencies to leverage a wider range of e-commerce tools to maximise the return on investment of their clients’ media spend.
In addition, media agencies and their clients will also have the opportunity to get exclusive first-hand access to Shopee’s new marketing solutions and products.
Zhou Junjie, Chief Commercial Officer at Shopee, said, “It is encouraging to see the growth in the number of local and international brands joining Shopee Mall, who have put their trust in Shopee to sustain and scale up their businesses. Shopee Brands Festival reinforces our continued commitment to helping our brand partners make a seamless transition online, strengthen their online presence, and boost brand affinity. We’re also excited to launch the SMAP program, which complements our existing end-to-end support system for brands to unlock their full potential online. Shopee is committed to continue innovating our platform, as we strive to deliver greater value for brands and their customers.”
Amplifying online presence with strong marketing and operational capabilities
Aside from SMAP, brands can further elevate their online presence and scale their e-commerce business with Shopee’s strong ecosystem of solutions:
- Robust logistics and warehouse solutions: Shopee’s strong logistics support enables brands to fulfill their orders with ease, especially when sales volumes are high. Brands can tap on Shopee’s optimised network of warehouses to ship out orders more efficiently, including the use of data to forecast demand so that brands can better allocate their resources.
- Easy-to-use brand marketing tools: With Shopee’s custom-built Shop Decoration Tool, brands can easily customise the layout of their Official Stores to reflect their brand image and identity. This is especially useful for brands to build authentic connections with their customers through enhanced brand storytelling.
Building stronger connections with customised engagement features
As more consumers seek greater entertainment while shopping online, brands can leverage in-app features such as Shopee Live to bring together unique entertainment, real-time interactions and instant purchases. Shopee can help brands to produce livestream content, and also has dedicated brand support teams to customise engagement strategies to achieve optimal results.
For instance, brands who are familiar with e-commerce, such as L’Oreal, are constantly exploring ways to better engage their consumers. At the recent 9.9 Super Shopping Day, Shopee worked with L’Oreal to host an extended 3-hour live streaming marathon featuring over 8 Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) across the region, which successfully garnered over 180,000 views.
On the other hand, Shopee also offers tools tailored for brands who are newer to e-commerce or do not have prior experience with online engagement strategies. For example, the Shopee KOL program pairs brands with popular influencers for their brand live streams, which contributes to boosted visibility and sales for the brand.
Highlights of 10.10 Brands Festival in Singapore
As the region’s biggest online shopping event for brands, the 10.10 Brands Festival will feature almost 3 weeks of supersized brand promotions and back to back Super Brands Days. In Singapore, the festival will run from 21 September to 10 October, with key highlights including:
- Daily Midnight Brand Flash Sale, Daily 25% cashback, and Daily Million $ Discount
- On 10 October, look out for over 150 limited time branded deals and flash vouchers subsidised by Shopee as part of the Million $ Discount program, 2-Hour Brands Flash Sale featuring up to 80% off Xiaomi, Adidas, Acer, Kinohimitsu, OSIM, Paula’s Choice, Pampers, and more
- Launch of Shopee Premium – A dedicated in-app space featuring premium brands such as LG Beauty, L’Occitane, and Calvin Klein, offering users exclusive access to content and deals
Find out more about 10.10 Brands Festival at https://shopee.sg/1010.