Last updated on January 18, 2020
SINGAPORE — Jan. 8, 2020 — Arlo Technologies, Inc., the #1 internet-connected camera brand, announced the introduction of the Arlo Privacy Pledge, underscoring its long-standing promise that puts users’ privacy first. Since day one of Arlo’s inception, Arlo’s products and services have been designed with an inherent commitment to protect and connect people to the things they love most, which Arlo believes includes a user’s right to privacy of their personal information. Arlo’s Privacy Pledge can be viewed now at Arlo.com/PrivacyPledge.
Details surrounding the commitments outlined in Arlo’s Privacy Pledge include:
OWNERSHIP – Your personal data belongs to you and you alone.
- We don’t sell your data.
- We never sell your information to third parties. Your data is used to deliver the Arlo services, Arlo functionality, and any related services or functionality that you affirmatively choose and nothing else.
- We don’t share your data.
- We never share your data, including videos, without your consent or a court order to do so. If there is a request by law enforcement for your videos, we require a legally enforceable search warrant or other equivalent court order mandating that Arlo turn over the videos to law enforcement.
CONTROL – Your data is for your eyes only.
- We give you all the control.
- We store your videos in the Arlo cloud only for the duration of your chosen Arlo plan. After that, your videos are automatically and permanently deleted or cleaned from the Arlo cloud.
- We support privacy legislation.
PROTECTION – We protect your private moments.
- We keep your data safely secured.
- We support industry-leading methods and practices to ensure your account is completely secure, such as two-factor authentication and access approval for all new devices to verify it’s really you. Your videos are encrypted to protect against malicious intent.
- We made the security part of our culture.
- We have implemented strict company-wide information security policies and procedures to ensure your privacy is protected. We support compliance with industry regulations and we also work with independent organisations to audit our services to help ensure we continue to meet the ever-evolving standards for cybersecurity.