Last updated on December 7, 2019
Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® Season One, featuring the new Battle Pass as well as the largest free content offering in Call of Duty history, is available now. Starting today with Season One, players across all platforms can jump in together to play new multiplayer maps, modes, co-op experiences, in-game events and more. In addition, the new Modern Warfare Battle Pass System gives players more ways to customize their experience by earning new content, including base weapons, weapon blueprints, weapon charms, and other vanity items just by playing the game.
The Season One Battle Pass can be purchased using Call of Duty Points unlocking access to up to 100 tiers of new earnable content. Plus, players who complete the Battle Pass will earn even more Call of Duty Points than the cost they paid for the pass itself, delivering a ton of value. Players can also purchase the Battle Pass Bundle which includes all the same earnable content plus 20 tier skips for instant access to cool new equipment.
“Since Modern Warfare’s launch it’s been great sharing a steady stream of new playable content, but the launch of Season One takes things to a new level for all players. We’re rolling out multiplayer maps like Crash, Vacant and Shipment; Gunfight maps Cargo, Atrium, and Shipment; a Ground War map Port; three new multiplayer modes; five new Special Ops experiences and two new weapons,” said Patrick Kelly, Co-Studio Head and Creative Director, Infinity Ward. “This is the largest free content drop in Call of Duty history, and we’re excited that everyone can play all of this new Modern Warfare content together across all platforms.”
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Season One features a slew of free new content, including the below, available for all players on all platforms. New content will be released weekly throughout Season One.
- New Multiplayer Maps: Fan-favorite multiplayer map from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Crash is remastered and reimagined as a helicopter crash site in Urzikstan, featuring all the flanking routes and action-packed rooftop encounters you remember. But, that’s not all. Joining Crash later in the season are two more reimagined maps from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, including Vacant, an abandoned office leading to intense interior combat across the complex, and Shipment, where fast and frenetic action reigns supreme.
- New 2v2 Gunfight Maps: Jump into fast-paced, intense 2v2 matches on the new Atrium map set in a Verdansk palace, and the new Cargo map, an open-roof storage facility within the barge of a cargo container ship in the London Docks. In addition, Shipment will also be available as a 2v2 Gunfight map later in the season.
- New Ground War Map: Engage in epic all-out war squaring off with 64 players on Port, a unique large-scale Ground War map set across cargo containers, cranes, buildings, and streets.
- Classic Special Ops Experiences: In Pitch Black, infill into Barkov’s vacant estate to recover and transmit all on-site intel to your tactical rover. In Grounded, engage and eliminate Al Qatala militants who have seized Barkov’s former airbase to steal weaponry and air assets. Bomb Squad will arrive further into Season One, where Armistice Team 4 QRF must defuse IEDs planted in an Urzikstan city before detonation.
- New Special Ops Operations: In Operation Strongbox, use the crypto keys you’ve stolen to assault the bank, break into the vault, and put The Banker out of business. In Operation Just Reward, cut off Al Qatala’s money supply in Verdansk and target the head of their financial operation by hacking the Banker’s mobile data centres.
- New Multiplayer Game Modes: In Reinforce, a hybrid mode between Domination, Search & Destroy, and Search & Rescue, capture points to revive fallen teammates and take all points to win the round. Further, into Season One, additional modes will go live including Infected, where it’s hunt or be hunted in the survival party game mode where eliminated survivors become infected. In O.S.P. Gunfight, the same mechanics of traditional Gunfight apply, with the distinct difference that players begin each match with no weapons or equipment and must pick them up once the match begins.
- New Weapons: Earnablefor free for all players, the RAM-7 introduces a new fully automatic bullpup Assault Rifle, while the Holger-26 is an LMG spec of the Holger model rifle.
The Season One Battle Pass can be purchased for 1,000 COD points or players can upgrade to the Battle Pass Bundle which includes 20 Tier Skips. Regardless of whether you choose to purchase your Battle Pass, some of the tiers will include free Call of Duty points that can be used in the store or for future Battle Pass purchases.
In addition to the Battle Pass, players can also use Call of Duty Points to obtain bundles of items in the store that will be updated weekly and contain multiple cosmetic items, ranging from weapon blueprints, a new Operator, operator skins, as well as various vanity accessories. For the most up to date information on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, check out the Activision Games Blog at https://blog.activision.com/call-of-duty
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. The title features a fully-optimized PC version, developed in partnership with Beenox, which is available exclusively on Blizzard Battle.net®, Blizzard Entertainment’s online gaming platform. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is published by Activision, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI) with development led by award-winning developer Infinity Ward, and additional development support from Activision Shanghai, Beenox, High-Moon Studios, Raven Software and Sledgehammer Games.