Last updated on November 10, 2019
YouTube has announced the launch of its new music streaming app — YouTube Music, in Singapore.
YouTube Music is a reimagined, made-for-music app and web player with official songs, albums, thousands of playlists and artist radio plus YouTube’s tremendous catalogue of remixes, live performances, covers and music videos that you can’t find anywhere else – all simply organized and personalized. For the first time, all the ways music moves you can be found in one place.
While all this is available for free in the ad-supported version of YouTube Music, the company has also announced YouTube Music Premium, a paid membership that allows users to play songs and videos in the background, while they toggle between apps, write a text message or lock their phone during a run. YouTube Music Premium also offers offline downloads and a completely ad-free experience — all starting at just SGD 9.98 a month.
YouTube is at the heart of Singapore’s music culture. More than 1 billion music fans come to YouTube each month to listen to hot favourites and discover new music. It’s also where over 2 million artists come to share their voices and art with the world.
T.Jay Fowler, Director of Product Management, Music Products, YouTube said, “We’re proud that Singapore’s rich musical heritage and rising talents have a home on YouTube and we’re so excited to bring it closer to our users with the launch of YouTube Music in Singapore. We built YouTube Music to help people find the music they love and bring a richer, smarter and more immersive music experience to fans across the country and around the world. From recommended music videos, live performances, covers, to new videos — it’s all here, and only here on YouTube Music.”
Here are six reasons that make YouTube Music stand out:
- It’s ALL here! Not just music videos, but official songs, albums, singles, remixes, live performances, covers and hard-to-find music that one can find only on YouTube.
- Recommendations built for you. A home screen that dynamically adapts to provide recommendations based on the music played before and what the listener is doing. So if you are in the gym working out or escaping during your daily commute, the right music is right there on the YouTube Music app.
- Thousands of playlists across any genre, mood, activity, or language. Try “Shout-Out Pop Hits”, “K-Pop Hotlist”, “Sing-Along Rock” to discover new music.
- Smart search so we’ll find the song, even if you can’t remember what it’s called. “That rap song with flute”? We got you. You can also search by lyrics (even if they’re wrong). It’s “Starbucks lovers,” right?
- The hottest videos. YouTube Music will keep you updated on what’s hot! The hottest videos in the world are right there, on their dedicated Hotlist screen. Today in Singapore, it features Memories by Maroon 5, Make It Right by BTS, 10,000 Hours by Dan + Shay & Justin Bieber.
- Audio/Video switching: Switching between music videos and songs is as simple as the tap of a button. This unique feature will allow YouTube Premium and YouTube Music Premium subscribers to make a seamless transition between a song and its music video for uninterrupted listening and watching.
Additionally, YouTube is also bringing YouTube Premium to Singapore. YouTube Premium will be available for $11.98 a month, will include membership to YouTube Music Premium, and offer an ad-free experience with background play and offline downloads for millions of videos on YouTube.
The monthly pricing for YouTube Music Premium and YouTube Premium are as below:
|Product/Platform||Google Play Store||iOS App Store|
|YouTube Music Premium||S$9.98||S$12.98|
|YouTube Music Premium Family Plan||S$14.98||S$19.98|
|YouTube Premium Family Plan||S$17.98||S$22.98|