Prime Day 2019 sales outdo Black Friday and Cyber Monday combined globally
- Top-selling products in Singapore on Prime Now included Nintendo Switch Console Let’s Go Pikachu Special Edition, Panasonic 43″ 4K Smart TV and Sonos Playbase Wireless Speaker
- Top-selling products in Singapore on the Amazon Global Store included Sandisk Ultra 400GB Micro SD Card, Jabra Speak 510 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker, Play-Doh Play ‘n Store Table
This year, Prime Day was once again the largest shopping event worldwide in Amazon history with more than one million deals exclusively for Prime members. Over the two days of Prime Day, on July 15 and 16, global sales surpassed the previous Black Friday and Cyber Monday combined. Prime members purchased more than 175 million items throughout the event. Prime Day 2019 was the largest shopping event in Amazon Singapore’s history as well. Best-sellers included Nintendo Switch Console Let’s Go Pikachu Special Edition, Panasonic 43″ 4K Smart TVand Sonos Playbase Wireless Speaker on Prime Now and Sandisk Ultra 400GB Micro SD Card, Jabra Speak 510 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker, Play-Doh Play ‘n Store Table on the Amazon Global Store.
“Members in Singapore enjoyed more local deals than ever before, with best-selling products in Singapore coming from a wide range of categories, including Electronics, Gaming, Toys, Kitchen, Home and Grocery,” said Henry Low, Country Manager, Amazon Singapore. “July 15th and 16th was the biggest two-day shopping period in the history of Amazon Singapore and we are very grateful for the trust our Prime members have shown us. This gives us huge motivation to continue to innovate on their behalf and deliver a constantly improving customer experience.”
Singapore Highlights from Prime Day 2019
- Prime Day 2019 was the biggest shopping event ever in Singapore when comparing two-day periods, with more items ordered than ever before in Amazon history in Singapore.
- A record number of Prime members shopped during Prime Day in Singapore.
- Categories enjoyed most by members in Singapore included Electronics, Gaming, Toys, Kitchen, Home and Grocery.
“We want to thank Prime members all around the world,” said Jeff Bezos, Amazon founder and CEO. “Members purchased millions of Alexa-enabled devices, received tens of millions of dollars in savings by shopping from Whole Foods Market and bought more than $2 billion of products from independent small and medium-sized businesses. Huge thank you to Amazonians everywhere who made this day possible for customers.”
Global Highlights from Prime Day 2019
- Prime members worldwide saved more than one billion dollars throughout Prime Day.
- Millions of items shipped in one day or faster using Prime Free One-Day, Prime Free Same-Day, or Prime Now worldwide – making it the fastest Prime Day ever.
- Members in 18 countries shopped – double the number during the first Prime Day five years ago.
- Amazon welcomed more new Prime members on July 15 than any previous day, and almost as many on July 16 – making these the two biggest days ever for member signups.
- Customers made their homes smarter by purchasing millions of smart home devices.
More Entertainment this Prime Day than Ever Before
Millions of people around the world streamed Prime Day events – including the Twitch Prime Crown Cup featuring FIFA 19 and Apex Legends and the Prime Day Concert presented by Amazon Music and headlined by 10-time GRAMMY Award-winning artist Taylor Swift. Highlights from the Prime Day Concert include Taylor Swift performing “You Need to Calm Down” live for the first time ever; SZA performing a rendition of the iconic ‘90s pop classic “Kiss Me” by Sixpence None The Richer; Dua Lipa’s rousing performance of her hit, “Blow Your Mind (Mwah);” and Becky G’s world debut of her fiery new track entitled “Dollar.” Prime members in 200 countries can still exclusively watch select songs from each performance from the Prime Day Concert on Prime Video. For more details on the show and to add it to your watchlist, head to primevideo.com/primedayconcert.
Prime Day Best Sellers by Country
Members shopped across nearly the entire catalogue of products including electronics, beauty, fashion, grocery, toys, furniture, everyday essentials, school supplies, and more. Some of the top-selling deals from around the world, excluding devices, included:
- United States: LifeStraw Personal Water Filter, Instant Pot DUO60, and 23andMe Health + Ancestry kits
- United Kingdom: Sony PlayStation Classic Console, Oral-B SmartSeries Electric Toothbrush, and Shark Vacuum Cleaner
- United Arab Emirates: Al Ain Bottled Water, Ariel Laundry Detergent, and Fine Towel Tissue Roll
- Spain: yobola Wireless Bluetooth Headphones, Philips Multigroom Series 7000 All-in-One Trimmer, and DoDot Diapers
- Netherlands: Mama Bear Diapers, SanDisk 128 GB Memory Card, and Philips Hue White and Color Ambiance Light
- Mexico: Nintendo Switch, HP Monitor 22w Borderless, and Nautica Travel Sport Eau de Toilette Spray
- Luxembourg: JBL Charge 3 Stealth Edition Bluetooth Portable Boombox, Tefal Jamie Oliver Stainless Steel Pan, and iRobot Roomba 671
- Japan: Happy Belly Water, Anker PowerCore 10,000 Mobile Battery, and Pampers Premium Protection Diapers
- Italy: NESCAFÉ Dolce Gusto Barista Caffè Espresso, Dash 3-in-1 Detergent Pods, and AUKEY Powerbank Portable Charger
- India: Syska 9-Watt Smart LED Bulb Compatible with Amazon Alexa, boAt Rockerz Sports Bluetooth Wireless Earphones, and Godrej Aer Pocket Bathroom Fragrance
- Germany and Austria: JBL Bluetooth Speaker, Tefal Jamie Oliver Stainless Steel Pan, and OSRAM Smart+ Plug Zigbee Switchable Light Socket
- France: iRobot Roomba 671, Lunii Story Telling Factory, and Oral-B SmartSeries Electric Toothbrush
- China: Dove Exfoliating Scrub, L’Oreal Rejuvenating Eye Cream, and Silk’n Permanent Hair Removal Device
- Canada: PlayStation 4 Slim with Spiderman and Horizon Zero Dawn, LifeStraw Personal Water Filter, and 23andMe Health + Ancestry kits
- Belgium: OSRAM Smart+ Plug Zigbee Switchable Light Socket, SanDisk 128GB Memory Card, and Brita Water Filter
- Australia: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Finish Powerball All-in-1 Max Dishwasher Tablets, and Huggies Ultra Dry Nappies
Spotlighting Small and Medium-Sized Businesses
Prime Day 2019 was another record-breaking success for independent third-party sellers—mostly small and medium-sized businesses. These innovators, artisans, and entrepreneurs are an invaluable part of the Amazon family. Products from these unique businesses increase the variety and contribute to the ever-expanding selection available to Prime members worldwide. Globally, these businesses far exceeded $2 billion in sales this Prime Day, making it the biggest Amazon shopping event ever for third-party sellers when comparing two-day periods.
Every Day Made Better with Prime
Prime was designed to make your life better every single day. Over 100 million paid members around the world enjoy the many benefits of Prime, including the best of shopping and entertainment on Prime Day. In Singapore, that includes delivery in under two hours, as well as free Global Store shipping for orders over S$60, unlimited access to award-winning movies and TV episodes with Prime Video; Twitch Prime and more. Amazon Prime is $2.99 per month. Start a free trial of Amazon Prime at www.amazon.com.sg.