D-Link has announced their security routers powered by the McAfee Secure Home Platform and Intel’s connected home technology, together with their battery-operated camera and smart home solution.
The number of connected devices in the home has skyrocketed – from tablets and gaming consoles to IP surveillance cameras, smart door locks, and more. By 2020, Gartner estimates there will be 20 billion connected things, and their role and influence are set to dramatically increase over the next 10 years. They’ve also raised a new crop of security issues, as the Internet of Things (IoT) devices are subject to attacks just like any other connected device like a PC or smartphone. The new D-Link AC2600 Wi-Fi Router Powered by McAfee immediately and automatically helps secure all connected devices at the network level in a home, including non-display IoT devices, providing an additional layer of protection from potential hackers and for members of the home using devices and accessing online content.
As the number of connected devices in homes continues to grow, consumers are increasingly concerned about online security threats. D-Link teamed up with McAfee and Intel to address these concerns with a powerful, easy to manage, all-in-one solution.
The D-Link AC2600 Wi-Fi Security Router Powered by McAfee (DIR-2680) automatically increases security for devices on the home network and delivers on both companies’ vision to address the pressing need for online security as people’s lives become increasingly connected. The comprehensive solution includes D-Link’s high-performance dual-band 802.11ac router with MU-MIMO technology that enhances network capacity and efficiency for users, McAfee Secure Home Platform that automatically protects all devices connected to the network, and the Intel® Home Wi-Fi Chipset WAV500 Series to deliver robust Wi-Fi connectivity to numerous connected devices at the same time, running a range of high-bandwidth applications.
McAfee’s Global Threat Intelligence features adaptable machine learning that protects by preventing, detecting, and correcting malicious malware and attacks, which enables a safer internet browsing experience for consumers. Designed for families and smart home owners looking for the ultimate home networking without sacrificing privacy and security, the DIR-2680 keeps connected devices safer from unwanted intrusions and thefts. Additionally, comprehensive parental control features provide customised protection for children in the household. The DIR-2680 is easily set up with the D-Link Wi-Fi app and can be managed from anywhere with D-fend app. DIR-2680 comes with a FREE 2-year bundle of unlimited licences for McAfee LiveSafe, providing on-the-go protection when the users are away from home.
DIR-2680 Additional Features and Benefits:
- Comprehensive Security Made Simple
- Easy set up and instant protection for all devices with full control from anywhere
- End-to-end protection designed to help prevent, detect and correct potential threats
- HD video streaming and lightning-fast downloads with dual-band 802.11ac with MU-MIMO performance
- Intel Home Wi-Fi Chipset supports for up to 128 simultaneously connected devices
- Connected Home Protection
- Real-time monitoring for a safer browsing experience and powerful security for IoT device protection
- Comprehensive Parental Controls
- Customised protection for every child, including personalised content filters and screen time controls
- Cloud Based Machine Learning
- McAfee’s Global Threat Intelligence provides an adaptable solution that blocks malware, and malicious websites
- Serious Protection Needs Serious Power
- The wireless traffic is fully offloaded to the Intel Home Wi-Fi Chipset, so that the Intel® AnyWAN™ SoC – the primary computing engine in the router – is freed up for software and security functions.