D-Link has unveiled its first 100% wire-free camera kit, the mydlink Pro Wire-Free Camera Kit (DCS-2802KT), offering customers a flexible full home surveillance experience, without the inconvenience of needing to drill holes for cables or place cameras near a power source.
Powered by high capacity lithium batteries which allow months of operation without the need to recharge, the cameras can be placed virtually anywhere one might need them. The cameras feature 1080p Full HD video and built-in night vision, making them ideal for 24/7 surveillance both indoors and out.
Consisting of two wire-free cameras and a hub, the compact camera kit is designed to be discreet and easy to set up without compromising on functionality. The hub supports four cameras, so customers can expand the coverage of their surveillance system as needed.
With the free mydlink app, owners can monitor and protect their homes from their mobile device, and receive automatic notifications of unusual activity on their property. The cameras’ moving object detection together with a PIR motion sensor greatly reduces the chance of false alarms, so when you are notified via the app you know something’s moving, rather than being disturbed by falling rain or passing clouds.
Purchase of the camera kit includes a free 12 months’ Cloud Recording plan (S$70.00), which stores unlimited motion triggered videos for up to 14 days. Alternatively, the cameras support local recording to an on-board SD card slot or external USB hard disk. Captured video can be played back directly from the cloud or downloaded, and the two-way audio feature enables people to both listen and talk through the camera through their mobile device.
Full compatibility with Alexa and Google Assistant enables owners of these cameras and compatible connected streaming devices such as Google Chromecast and Amazon Fire TV Stick, to use voice commands to access live feeds to monitor their homes.
- 100% wire-free– for true flexibility cameras can be placed indoors or outdoors without the need to drill holes through walls or install close to a power source
- Extended battery life– ultra low standby power consumption provides months of operation between charges
- Cloud recording included– includes 12 months Cloud Recording plan (worth S$70.00), which stores unlimited motion triggered videos for up to 14 days
- Expandable– The hub supports up to four wire-free cameras, so you can add additional cameras when needed
- High quality camera– high-quality 1080p Full HD resolution provide a clear picture of your home or business
- Night vision– integrated night vision allows you to see up to 7.5 metres even in complete darkness
- Optional local storage– integrated microSD card slot and USB port allow you to store videos locally
- Advanced motion detection– smart moving object detection together with PIR motion sensor to greatly reduce false alarms
- Smart home compatible– works with mydlink Smart Home devices, Amazon Alexa, the Google Assistant and IFTTT
- Two-way audio– allows customers to listen to sounds near each camera and talk through each camera via their mobile device
Availability and Pricing
DCS-2802KT is available for purchase in Singapore now.