SINGAPORE – OpenText™, a global leader in Enterprise Information Management (EIM), had announced the launch of OpenText Release 16 Enhancement Pack 5 (EP5), OpenText Business Network Cloud 16.10, and a series of new SaaS-based applications for the legal, life sciences and HR markets on its next-generation cloud platform, OT2.
These portfolio-wide enhancements simplify the path to new and secure EIM deployments, with safe and flexible options for AI, automation, IoT and content services for on-premises, across public, private, and hybrid cloud deployments.
Mark J. Barrenechea, OpenText Vice Chair, CEO and CTO said:
“OpenText continues to lead the market in Enterprise Information Management, helping customers to create, access and exchange business-critical information in the most secure and agile ways possible. The world’s largest companies and biggest brands rely on OpenText to gain new insight from their data, to securely manage their critical content assets, and to build sustainable information-intensive businesses. OpenText is defining the future of work with flexible EIM solutions that can deliver content-rich application experiences across any cloud infrastructure.”
OpenText Release 16 Enhancement Pack 5 (EP5)
OpenText Release 16 EP5 extends this market leading EIM platform to increase user satisfaction and adoption, enable deeper insights and connect information, people and processes in a secure and flexible deployment environment. Specific enhancements include:
- Artificial intelligence – EP5 adds increased AI and automation capabilities across the EIM portfolio with OpenText Magellan. This includes predictive research for Discovery, AI-powered rich media analytics for Customer Experience Management, sentiment analysis for Workforce Engagement Management through Magellan Text Mining, and machine learning for capture and information extraction for SAP solutions.
- Deeper integration – Seamless integration brings advanced AI, enhanced security and more in-depth information workflows to the Intelligent and Connected Enterprise. EP5 delivers OpenText Information Hub (iHub) integration with OpenText EnCase Endpoint Security to build threat-hunting dashboards. Closer integration between OpenText AppWorks and OpenText content services solutions (OpenText Documentum, OpenText Content Suite and OpenText Extended ECM) enables rapid deployment of OT2 applications including People Center and Contract Center.
- Rich user experiences – EP5 enables a richer experience with enhanced developer controls, improved mobile experiences, and new employee self-service experiences. A highlight of EP5 is the addition of the Smart UI for Documentum D2, further building towards a familiar, flexible, responsive UI across OpenText content service.
This release builds on a string of recent analyst commentary, including:
- OpenText’s position as a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Content Services Platforms and Gartner Magic Quadrant for Web Content Management.
- Recent rankings as a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Digital Asset Management For Customer Experience and as a Strong Performer in both The Forrester Wave™: Notebook-Based Predictive Analytics and Machine Learning Solutions and The Forrester Wave™: AI-Based Text Analytics Platforms.
New applications for OpenText OT2
First announced at OpenText Enterprise World 2018, OpenText OT2 delivers compelling applications for business users, a modern developer platform, and hybrid EIM services on a single Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform. New OpenText applications built on OT2 include:
- OpenText Legal Center – a cloud-based, process-centric approach to addressing specialised legal use cases like client onboarding, external sharing & collaboration, and document management.
- OpenText Quality Center – building on OpenText Documentum for Life Science and OpenText Life Science Express to deliver secure collaboration solutions for the highly-regulated life sciences sector.
- Extended ECM for SuccessFactors Public Cloud Edition – the latest collaboration between SAP and OpenText, delivering secure content management solutions for SAP’s popular talent management platform.
Barrenechea commented, “Enterprise adoption of the cloud is soaring, and OpenText’s cloud strategy – including OT2 – makes it possible for customers to securely access their content-rich business applications with the hybrid, on-premises, or public cloud deployments. By enabling customers to access information and data through cloud-based applications, we are increasing the value and reach of business-critical information for our customers.”
Commenting on OpenText OT2, Holly Muscolino, Research Vice President, Content Technologies and Document Workflow at IDC states, “OT2 will begin to bring SaaS into the product mix for the large customer base running OpenText’s on-premise/managed hosted solutions, and it will extend the value of customers’ investments in significant ways. It will also serve as the foundation for new SaaS applications that OpenText develops in the future. Its evolutionary approach should give its customers a smooth path to the cloud, enabling them to derive new value from their existing investments without disruption.”
OpenText Business Network 16.10 expands and enhances the OpenText cloud network, facilitating efficient, secure and compliant collaboration across people, systems and things. This release includes critical enhancements for industrial IoT, Identity and Access Management (IAM) and security, supply chain and vendor management, fax and secure information exchange.
OpenText also announced it had selected Google Cloud as its first partner to support OpenText Anywhere, making OpenText solutions and managed services available in the Google Cloud.
As part of this collaboration, Google Cloud and OpenText will work together to deploy OpenText’s enterprise information management solution suite on Google Cloud Platform. This work will include a containerised application architecture for flexible cloud or hybrid deployment models. Implementing OpenText solutions on Google Cloud Platform will help customers to autoscale their deployments as their businesses demand.
Also, OpenText and Google Cloud engineering teams will cooperate to explore integrations with Google Analytics, G Suite and more.
Release 16 EP5 and OpenText OT2 is available now. OpenText Legal Center, Quality Center and Extended ECM for SuccessFactors are currently open for qualified customers.
 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Content Services Platforms, October 2018
 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Web Content Management, July 2018
 The Forrester Wave™: Digital Asset Management (DAM) for Customer Experience, Q2 2018
 The Forrester Wave™: Notebook-Based Predictive Analytics And Machine Learning Solutions, Q3 2018
 The Forrester Wave™: AI-Based Text Analytics Platforms, Q2 2018
You must log in to post a comment.