TL;DR – Here are what’s in the KEF LSX.
- Acoustic design with 4″ Uni-Q driver; FEA designed cabinet with hidden heat-sink
- KEF’s dedicated time correcting Music Integrity Engine
- 2 x 30W + 2 x 70W Class D amplifiers
- Adjustable EQ settings via KEF Control App
- Dedicated apps for iOS and Android™
- Proprietary wireless inter-speaker connection supports 48kHz/24bit; optional wired connection supports the 96kHz/24bit transmission
- Supports source files up to 192kHz/24bit
- 2.4GHz/5GHz Dual-band Wi-Fi connectivity (DLNA/uPNP™)
- Apple AirPlay 2 (available in early 2019 via firmware update)
- Spotify Connect (available in November 2018 via firmware update)
- TIDAL Music (via KEF Stream app)
- Roon Tested
- Bluetooth 4.2 with Qualcomm® aptX™ codec
- Optical input (TOSLINK)
- AUX input
- Subwoofer output
- Mounting insert for supporting wall-mount
- Supports third-party programmable remote controls
- Supports IP Control
- Available in: Maroon, Blue, Gloss White, Black and Olive
SINGAPORE – KEF had announced LSX, a compact two-speaker wireless music system with all the convenience and connectivity of the connected world, but the emotion and detail of true high-resolution stereo. LSX is fully wireless, both from source and between the speakers and will feature Apple AirPlay® two technology enabling multi-room streaming from an iPhone, iPad or Mac in early 2019.
Building on the success of the LS50 Wireless, LSX is the latest step in KEF’s continued development of cutting-edge technologies and innovative high-performance audio products. As such it features KEF’s Uni-Q® driver array, a signature innovation that radically improves stereo imaging and does so across a much wider listening area; allowing more people to experience better sound in a room. This combines with KEF’s highly advanced trademark-pending Music Integrity Engine™, a cutting-edge collection of bespoke Digital Signal Processing algorithms that ensure accurate time alignment and phase coherence.
LSX is fully wireless both from source and between the speakers, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth™ makes streaming music from Spotify®, Apple Music®and TIDAL® simple. LSX is also DLNA® compliant and boasts TOSLINK® Optical and Auxiliary connections making it ideal for use with TV. It can be set-up in minutes using the KEF’s Control app, which also manages firmware updates as they become available.
LSX sports four Class-D amplifiers, one for each of the drive units, alongside dedicated twin DACs that provide pristine signal path of up to 96kHz/24bit (using the optional wired connection between the two speakers) or 48kHz/24bit in completely wireless operation.
LSX’s gently curved cabinet was designed with extensive use of Finite Element Analysis as well as featuring constrained layer damping as found in KEF’s high-end audiophile products. Continuing KEF’s long tradition of design collaboration, LSX was overseen by designer Michael Young who has created a masterpiece of understated elegance. LSX comes in a choice of five colours – Black, Blue, Maroon, and Olive – which are clad in a luxury fabric by Danish textile manufacturer Kvadrat – and a striking Gloss White.
With Spotify Connect (available in November 2018) built in, music lovers can stream Spotify’s entire library directly from the cloud. Streaming is never interrupted, so users can watch videos, play games, answer phone calls and more, all without causing pauses or interruptions to the music, even as the listener leaves the room or goes out of range.
Compact, effortless to operate, and with connectivity options to satisfy both your music streaming and TV needs, LSX is a significant step forward in the quest to deliver real and proper sound quality for connected consumers.
Availability: From 8th Nov onwards
KEF Store: #01-18/19, The Adelphi, 1 Coleman St, Singapore 179803, +65 6338 7011
Also available at:
- Stereo outlets – Westgate, Vivocity & Plaza Singapura
- Analogue outlets – CK Tangs, Robinsons & Vivocity
- Online now at Lazada & Qoo10, at Krisshop from December onward
Suggested Retail Price: SGD$1,899