Earlier this week at Adobe MAX, Adobe announced a series of major updates that are coming to the Creative Cloud applications such as the Photoshop CC, Lightroom CC, Illustrator CC, InDesign CC, Premiere Pro CC and Adobe XD.
Also unveiled during the creative conference is a new application called Adobe Premiere Rush CC.
According to Adobe, the Premiere Rush CC is “the first all-in-one, easy-to-use video editing app for social media creators.”
The app will enable content creators to film and edit their videos on the go and conveniently share it across social media platforms like YouTube and Instagram.
To make the videos more compelling with graphics, the Premiere Rush CC will get “built-in access to Motion Graphics templates in Adobe Stock.”
On top of that, the video-editing app will come included with a feature that automatically “adjust music and normalise the audio” of the video, thanks to the Adobe Sensei, an artificial intelligence and machine learning framework.
Adobe also gave a preview to two new applications called Project Gemini and Project Aero. The former is to “accelerate drawing and painting workflows across devices” to create a better app experience for artists. The latter is to allow creators to design augmented reality experiences.
Scott Belsky, Chief Product Officer and Executive Vice President, Creative Cloud at Adobe said:
“…By continuing to innovate in our flagship apps, extending into exploding segments such as experience design and social video creation, and pioneering in emerging mediums like touch, voice, 3D and augmented reality, Adobe Creative Cloud has truly become the creative platform for all.”
The announced updates are now available for the Adobe’s desktop software to all Creative Cloud subscribers. In a nutshell, they include:
- new Content-Aware Fill workspace in Photoshop CC;
- improvements to performance and workflow in Lightroom CC;
- the ability to design with photorealistic and Freeform gradients in Illustrator CC;
- Content-Aware Fit in InDesign CC;
- new rendering engine for improved render preview performance in Dimension CC;
- new Sensei-powered search features and exclusive content in Adobe Stock;
- new Characterizer in Character Animator to create and animate unique, stylised puppets using a webcam and reference artwork
- prototyping experiences and apps for voice-powered devices such as Amazon Echo on Adobe XD.
With video animation in demand, Adobe also developed “new workflows and integrations across apps, including Animate to After Effects, Animate to Character Animator, and Adobe XD to After Effects.”
Pricing and Availability
Photoshop CC on iPad, Project Aero and Project Gemini on iPad will be available in 2019. Spark Post on Android, previously available as a public beta, is now available as a 1.0 app in the Google Play store.
The all-new Premiere Rush CC, available now on Windows and macOS and via the iOS App Store (Google Play store availability coming in 2019), is offered across a series of plans tailored for customers’ unique needs.
- Premiere Rush CC is available for USD 9.99/month to individuals, USD 19.99/month to teams and USD 29.99/month to enterprise customers. Premiere Rush CC is also included as part of All Apps, Student and Premiere Pro CC single app plans and comes with 100 GB of CC storage. Additional storage options, up to 10 TB, are also available for purchase.
- Premiere Rush CC Starter Plan: Available for free, the Starter Plan gives customers access to all Premiere Rush CC features, use of desktop and mobile apps and the ability to create an unlimited number of projects and export up to three projects for free.