They say, “Prevention is better than cure.” This saying is commonly used in the healthcare sector. But it could also apply to the newest iPhones.
Although Apple said that its flagship smartphones are covered with a strong and durable glass, we do not believe that anyone would want to take the risk. Not when each of these smartphones cost more than a thousand dollars.
Good news is that coinciding with the launch of the new iPhones, smartphone case maker, OtterBox also released its new products for your expensive purchase.
OtterBox’s iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max and iPhone XR cases range from slim and trendy to rugged and burly. In short, there’s one that fits the personality of the owner.
According to OtterBox, “the cases were put through a minimum of 24 tests including drops, bumps, scratches and dings, across more than 238 hours to earn the OtterBox Certified Drop+ Protection seal.”
CEO of OtterBox, Jim Parke said:
“We watch Apple improve and enhance its technology every year, and we are doing the same by enhancing the protection, style an design of each of our case series to make them better than ever.”
Jim added that “whether facing drops, dings or scratches, OtterBox protection keeps your device looking like new. That way, when it’s time to use Apple GiveBack, you will get every penny that you deserve.”
There are a total of five types of OtterBox cases launched for each version of the iPhones. They include the:
- Symmetry Series: the ultra-slim case with a broad array of colours and graphics for the fashionable users;
- Defender Series: with multi-layer protection to absorb and dissipates shock, which also keeps dirt and debris out. Perfect for people who enjoy outdoor sports. It’s available in a wide variety of colours and build-your-own options.
- Pursuit Series: OtterBox’s thinnest, most protective case with protection against drop, dust, dirt and snow intrusion. The two-piece design seals together around iPhone and features audio scoops, a sealed camera opening and an included lanyard to tether it to your arm;
- Strada Series Folio: features a genuine leather cover, magnetic front clasp and folio design to keep the screen from scratches. The inside cover offers a card slot ideal for holding a credit card and ID; and
- Commuter Series: perfect for the daily trek to work. The outer shell and inner slipcover absorb shock and stay slim, while port covers keep dust out of ports. Available in a wide variety of colours and build-your-own options.
These cases are also Alpha Glass compatible, so you can be assured that no scuffs, scratches and dings will happen to the display of your iPhone.
The OtterBox cases are now available for purchase. You can find them on the shelves of Best Denki, Epicentre, iStudio, LOL, Newstead, Nubox and other authorised retail stores in Singapore.
Here’s how much they cost:
|Xs and Xs Max||Defender||$89 to $99|
|Commuter||$45 to $59|
|Symmetry||$59 to $89|
|Pursuit||$109 to $129|
|Strada||$79 to $95|