Mobvoi Inc. has launched a new high-end smartwatch, TicWatch Pro, which costs cheaper and lasts longer than the Apple Watch and other competitors in the market.
The TicWatch Pro can last up between five and 30 days on a single charge, thanks to the Layered Display technology that Mobvoi integrated into the watch.
There are two layers of display stacking on top of each other. The first layer houses the Film compensated Super Twisted Nematic (FSTN) LCD and the second is an OLED display.
Consumers can toggle the two displays through their respective modes, Smart Mode and Essential Mode. When the former is engaged, the battery life can last up to two full days of usage, whereas the latter can extend the battery life by up to 30 days.
If the battery is running low due to the OLED display, consumers can switch to the Essential Mode to lengthen the battery life up to three more days.
One thing to note is that the health and fitness data synchronisation of the TicWatch Pro can only work on Smart Mode. The Essential Mode can do the basics such as time, date, step counting, and heart rate monitoring.
Mobvoi shared in their press release that more functions such as “distance travelled, calories burned, speed and cadence” will be added over time.
Apps compatible with the TicWatch Pro include:
- Google Play™ Store – Access to thousands of apps through the on-watch Play Store, and the ability to download them directly on the watch
- Google Assistant™ – Access the Assistant directly on your wrist to check the weather, start your run, set a reminder and more just by asking
- Premium build quality – Watch bezel, and rear cover are stainless steel (SUS), while the rest of the case is a type of hard nylon (polyamide) reinforced with glass fibre (50GF); skin-friendly silicone strap covered with premium genuine Italian leather
- NFC Payments – Use Google Pay™ to pay directly from your wrist
- IP68 Water and dust resistant – Withstands submergence in water up to 1.5 meters for up to 30 minutes (swimming not recommended)
- Health and fitness sensors – Heart rate monitor, Accelerometer, Gyro, Magnetic Sensor, Ambient Light Sensor, Low Latency Off-Body Sensor
- Health and fitness apps – Along with health and fitness apps from Google, Mobvoi’s own Health and Fit apps are pre-installed as well
- Thousands of watch faceoptions – Available to download through Google Play™
- Music Streaming – Listen to your playlists through your preferred music streaming app
The TicWatch Pro is now available on the Mobvoi TicWatch’s website for USD 249.99, which is approximately SGD 340.05.
You can also check out Mobvoi’s TicWatch S&E smartwatches at selected Challenger Stores listed below:
|313 Somerset||Ang Mo Kio Hub
Changi City Point
Great World City
|Jurong Point||Junction 8
Punggol Waterway Point