Plantronics launches the Voyager 8200 UC
Designed for professionals who need to collaborate anywhere, anytime, Voyager 8200 UC is the first fully-manageable business stereo headset with a boomless design, dual-paired omni-directional microphones with enhanced digital signal processing, two levels of ANC, and smart sensor technology. The premium audio quality and clarity ensure an optimal experience whether you’re taking a conference call in the middle of an open office, listening to your favorite music on the train, or working in a crowded coffee shop.
Voyager 8200 UC is designed for the connected executive who needs to be in constant communication, and for employees in an open office space who find themselves facing distractions and noise. According to a global 2016 study by Oxford Economics, employees ranked the ability to focus on work without interruptions as their top priority, with nearly 40 percent taking steps to mitigate noise. As companies continue to embrace open floor plans and flexible work schedules, providing solutions that can help resolve the accompanying noise and distraction problems will become even more critical.
“With the workforce becoming increasingly mobile, communication has become a top priority for many businesses and one of the main components of managing a mobile workforce successfully,” said Graeme Gherbaz, Managing Director at Plantronics Australia & New Zealand. “The Voyager 8200 UC enables mobile professionals to communicate, collaborate and stay focused anytime, anywhere in comfort and style. As our premier product in the Voyager Family, it’s packed with features that deliver exceptional design and performance, as well as business-grade audio and manageability.”
Voyager 8200 UC and the recently introduced Voyager 3200 UC can be fully managed through Plantronics Manager Pro, the optional service with insights available from the Asset, Usage, Conversation, and Acoustic Analysis suites. The new Radio Link Quality report in the Conversational Analysis suite provides IT Managers with a Quality Impairment Score (QIS) that allows them to identify users with the lowest average call quality based on the Bluetooth radio connection between their headset and Plantronics BT600 adapter. Managers can see detailed call views and assess the impact of the headset’s radio connection on overall call quality.
Additional Voyager 8200 UC features and benefits include:
- Four “beam-forming” microphones detect and amplify the speaker’s voice, while two additional microphones detect and block environmental noise for the Voyager family’s business-grade audio experience, which ensures crystal-clear call quality in a boomless form-factor
- Enhanced voice alerts announce caller names, mute and connection status and talk-time level
- Wireless battery life offers up to 24 hours of listening time and a 3.5 mm audio cable facilitates in-flight use
- Microsoft Skype for Business certified; compatible with Cisco Jabber and other softphones
- Using Bluetooth technology, Voyager 8200 UC can pair to Windows and Mac computers, and many IP phones through Plantronics’ BT600 USB audio processor, as well as pair directly to both iOS and Android phones and tablets
- Wireless range of up to 30m from supported Class 1 Bluetooth® devices
- Smart sensor technology detects if the headset is worn – pausing streaming media when removed, and resuming media play when the headset is put back on
The Voyager 8200 UC is available in diamond black and buff white at Plantronics’ authorised partners with an MSRP of S$579.