Last updated on May 29, 2017
Renowned GPS technology innovator Garmin International has seen success across diverse markets, including aviation, marine, fitness, outdoor recreation, tracking and mobile apps. The company’s user-friendly navigation and action camera solutions have innovative features that provide time- and fuel-saving benefits to meet the demands of everyday driving and outdoor living. And it continues to amplify its consumer automotive and camera segment with its latest and versatile VIRB 360, a compact, rugged and fully spherical 360-degree camera.
If you’re looking to capture those precious moments from taking part in extreme sports and activities, you might like to consider this capable contender in the world of 360-degree cameras. With easy-to-use features to capture the perfect angle or set up a perfect shot, the VIRB 360 will make even the most inexperienced users look like experts. The VIRB 360 is expected to be priced at US$799.99 (SGD 1107.07) and is expected to be available this June.
Here’s a peek into VIRB 360’s profile:
- This waterproof1 camera is suitable for any family event or a rigorous journey, and is built to withstand overheating and wet conditions.
- It captures impressive high-quality video up to 5.7K/30fps, with four built-in microphones to record sounds from any direction.
- Those bumpy rides on your kayaking journey or mountain biking are no match for the VIRB 360 as its 4K Spherical Stabilization2makes every video smooth and steady.
- Users can also capture video with automatic in-camera stitching up to 4K/30fps, and these can be easily uploaded for editing or sharing instantaneously.
- Beyond video, the VIRB 360 can take stitched-in-camera, 360-degree, 15 megapixel spherical photos. Photo modes include single capture, burst shooting, and time lapse.
- Garmin adds its navigational tech with the built-in GPS and numerous other sensors, to provide users with customisable G-Metrix™ data overlays in a captivating 360-degree augmented reality3
- A free downloadable VIRB Mobile app and desktop software will be available for users to edit, stabilise, share and add data overlays to any VIRB 360 video content.
- With conveniently simple one-touch button controls, the VIRB 360 also incorporates helpful voice control4options to start and stop recordings, snap photos and more. Moreover, the gadget features livestream5 capabilities to post your “in-the-moment” experiences on the YouTube™ or Facebook Live platforms, as long as you use it with a compatible Apple® and Android smartphone or tablet.
- The VIRB 360 is equipped with a sunlight-readable display for users to identify battery life, storage capacity and video modes. The camera is rechargeable with a one-hour battery life while recording.
- Connectivity capabilities comprise Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth®, ANT+®, and NFC (one-tap connection with Android™ devices).
- The camera comes with its own unique tripod/handgrip, and is compatible with industry-leading virtual reality headsets and live playback through the free VIRB Mobile app.
- The VIRB 360 uses replaceable microSD memory6 cards of up to 128GB (sold separately).
2Stabillization is applied using VIRB Mobile app or VIRB Edit desktop software and is only available for videos stitched in camera.
3Augmented reality overlays require mobile or desktop VIRB app before sharing.
4Voice control available for English (US, UK), French, Italian, German, Spanish, Swedish, Japanese, and Mandarin.
5Live streaming only available on compatible Apple devices.
6See Garmin.com/VIRBcards for compatibility.