Last updated on February 12, 2017
At the recently concluded Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2017 held in Las Vegas, Acer revealed a gaming computer that costs approximately USD9,000. That’s right. You heard me.
The Acer Predator 21 X is a 21-inch curved screen gaming laptop with crazy specifications. One of the crazy specifications is its weight. It weighs… wait for it… 20 pounds!
That’s about 9kg!
Let’s not judge first before we find out more about the specifications.
- 21-inch curved IPS display of 2560 x 1080
- 7th Generation Intel® Core processors
- Dual NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1080 graphic cards in SLI
- Five-Fan Cooling System
- RGB Mechanical Keyboard with Cherry® MX Switches
- NVIDIA® G-SYNC™
- SoundPound 4.2+ (4 speakers and 2 subwoofers)
- 3-way audio
- Dolby® Audio
- Tobii Eye-Tracking
- 120Hz refresh rate (according to CNET)
- Nine heat pipes (according to CNET)
- Stores up to five storage drives at a time (according to CNET)
- HDMI port and two DisplayPorts (according to CNET)
- SD card reader (according to CNET)
Well, personally, I think it is overhyped. I’m not a heavy gamer per se. I mean I do play games but to go crazy over the specifications and buy an almost 10 grand gaming laptop is way too much. Did I mention that it needs 2 x power supplies to run this 21X? What happened to save the Earth?
The Acer Predator 21 X is the Godzilla of gaming laptops.
I do know that there are people out there who will buy this monster. Most of them are probably professional gamers who play professionally as a career. You will definitely get a slap from your parents or from your wife if you get this thing when you are not a pro-gamer.
Anyway, to the pro-gamers out there, finally, you have something you can travel with and play wherever you are. Try not to do it in Starbucks, please. You would probably short-circuit their entire coffee place.
Source: CNET and Press Release of ACER